Old August 12th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.finance

Default Electoral Roll

I know this might sound stupid, but I've just moved from my mums house to a
place of my own, I'm finding it hard to get any credit.

I've been told that it might because I am not on the Electoral Roll at my
new address.

How do I get on the Electoral Roll ?

Thanks for your time.

Old August 12th 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.finance

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:41:37 +0000, jpdal5921 wrote:

How do I get on the Electoral Roll ?

Ring up your council (electoral section) and ask for the form to fill in.

cd

Old August 12th 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.finance
mo mo is offline

"criticaldensity" wrote in message
news[email protected] ail.com...
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:41:37 +0000, jpdal5921 wrote:

How do I get on the Electoral Roll ?

Ring up your council (electoral section) and ask for the form to fill in.

cd

I got put on the ER when I was 18 anyway (living at home, as did all my
sisters) - I am assuming you were still at home when you were
18.....shouldn't it get done automatically?

Old August 12th 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.finance

"mo" wrote in message

"criticaldensity" wrote in message
news[email protected] ail.com...
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:41:37 +0000, jpdal5921 wrote:

How do I get on the Electoral Roll ?

Ring up your council (electoral section) and ask for the form to fill

in.

cd

I got put on the ER when I was 18 anyway (living at home, as did all my
sisters) - I am assuming you were still at home when you were
18.....shouldn't it get done automatically?

Not if you move to another town

Old August 12th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.finance

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:23:02 +0100, mo wrote:

I got put on the ER when I was 18 anyway (living at home, as did all my
sisters) - I am assuming you were still at home when you were
18.....shouldn't it get done automatically?

It's not automatic - you have to fill in a form for your household
annually which comes through your letterbox. I don't remember what time of
year they do it though.

cd

Old August 12th 04, 02:30 PM posted to uk.finance

"jpdal5921" wrote in message
I know this might sound stupid, but I've just moved from my mums house to a
place of my own, I'm finding it hard to get any credit.

I've been told that it might because I am not on the Electoral Roll at my
new address.

Quite possible..

How do I get on the Electoral Roll ?

See http://www.rollingregistration.co.uk/vote/register/

Regards
Sunil

Old August 12th 04, 02:42 PM posted to uk.finance

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"jpdal5921" wrote in message

<SNIP

How do I get on the Electoral Roll ?

See http://www.rollingregistration.co.uk/vote/register/

Regards
Sunil

Thanks for that, Sunil.

Old August 12th 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.finance

"jpdal5921" wrote:

I've been told that it might because I am not on the Electoral Roll at my
new address.

This is considered a minor issue by most financial companies. See past
posts on the subject
<URL:http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=electoral+group:uk.finance.*&hl=en&lr=&ie =UTF-8&group=uk.finance.*&scoring=d

Daytona
Old August 12th 04, 07:01 PM posted to uk.finance

It's not automatic - you have to fill in a form for your household
annually which comes through your letterbox. I don't remember what time of
year they do it though.

Is it annually? I thought it was every two years and if you want to go on
the ER within the intervening period, you have to fill a form in.

Old August 12th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.finance

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:24:32 +0100, criticaldensity
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:23:02 +0100, mo wrote:

I got put on the ER when I was 18 anyway (living at home, as did all my
sisters) - I am assuming you were still at home when you were
18.....shouldn't it get done automatically?

It's not automatic - you have to fill in a form for your household
annually which comes through your letterbox. I don't remember what time of
year they do it though.

September/October usually