Old May 5th 19, 05:57 PM posted to uk.finance

Default paying a solicitor for inheritance tax

I have a question which you may find interesting.

At some point in the next few years, I will have to pay UK inheritance
tax on a UK residential property, probably in the neighbourhood of
50,000 pounds.

I am currently signed up with a trustworthy firm of solicitors who
have been in the business for at least 30 years.

I would like to pay the solicitors the GBP 50,000 now, before the
person dies. I have no use for the money (seriously) and it would
simplify matters (for me) when the person dies if the lawyers had the
money in their account.

Does this sound sensible? If I asked the lawyers to do this for me,
would they be likely to agree?

Obviously I'm a little worried they could take the money and then deny
doing so, but this firm we've known for many years and they are as
trustworthy as any such firm can be.

Advice?