Old April 7th 19, 07:40 AM posted to uk.finance

Default CAD - GBP

I have a Canadian CAD account, and I want to transfer 80,000 CAD from
it to UK GBP cash. I live in the UK.

What's my best move? I can take 500 GBP per day / 3,000 CAD per week
via Canadian credit card. I can take 999.99 GBP per day through
Western Union to GBP cash.

How is TT telegraphic transfer organised? Can I send / TT to a UK GBP
bank account, then withdraw from the UK GBP account in cash?

I am considering possibilites. Advice welcome.

Old April 7th 19, 03:03 PM posted to uk.finance

On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 12:14:54 +0100, David Woolley
wrote:

In my view, requiring such a large amount of money in cash is a show
stopper, as there are almost no legitimate reasons for doing so.

If I transfer the 80,000 CAD to a UK bank account, rather than cash,
then would that worry the money laundering authorities?

The money is "kosher" and I can prove it was obtained legitimiately.
Basically I've never yet transfered such a large sum of money, and I
would like information / advice as to how to do so.