UK Finance (uk.finance) Discussion about Finance issues in the UK.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 6th 18, 09:36 AM posted to uk.finance,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Apr 2005
Posts: 121
Default Petition to protect ISAs and SIPPs from Adminstration fees

It appears that if the platform you hold your investments on runs into
problems the Adminstrators can take out "ring fenced" client monies to
meet their costs.

A fuller explanation is in the thread at:

http://moneyforums.citywire.co.uk/ya...ition-now.aspx

The petition is at:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/222801

and needs 10,000 sigs.

Easily done if it is snowballed around your circle of contacts.

--
AnthonyL

  #2   Report Post  
Old July 6th 18, 01:27 PM posted to uk.finance,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Aug 2014
Posts: 20
Default Petition to protect ISAs and SIPPs from Adminstration fees

On 06/07/2018 10:36, AnthonyL wrote:

and needs 10,000 sigs.


At 10,000 signatures the Government will respond with a standardised
reply stating that it is legal.

At 100,000 signatures there may be a _very_ slight chance something may
change.


--
mailto : news {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk
  #3   Report Post  
Old July 12th 18, 01:19 PM posted to uk.finance,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
Default Petition to protect ISAs and SIPPs from Adminstration fees

On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 09:36:28 GMT, lid (AnthonyL) wrote:

It appears that if the platform you hold your investments on runs into
problems the Adminstrators can take out "ring fenced" client monies to
meet their costs.

A fuller explanation is in the thread at:

http://moneyforums.citywire.co.uk/ya...ition-now.aspx

The petition is at:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/222801

and needs 10,000 sigs.

Easily done if it is snowballed around your circle of contacts.


I didn't realise that SIPPs were not protected like other pension schemes.
  #4   Report Post  
Old July 12th 18, 03:48 PM posted to uk.finance,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Default Petition to protect ISAs and SIPPs from Adminstration fees

On 12/07/2018 14:19, Optimist wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 09:36:28 GMT, lid (AnthonyL) wrote:

It appears that if the platform you hold your investments on runs into
problems the Adminstrators can take out "ring fenced" client monies to
meet their costs.

A fuller explanation is in the thread at:

http://moneyforums.citywire.co.uk/ya...ition-now.aspx

The petition is at:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/222801

and needs 10,000 sigs.

Easily done if it is snowballed around your circle of contacts.


I didn't realise that SIPPs were not protected like other pension schemes.


There is a clue.. Self Invested.
You decide what to invest in so you take responsibility.
  #5   Report Post  
Old July 12th 18, 04:04 PM posted to uk.finance,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Default Petition to protect ISAs and SIPPs from Adminstration fees

[email protected] wrote:

Optimist wrote:

I didn't realise that SIPPs were not protected like other pension
schemes.


There is a clue.. Self Invested.
You decide what to invest in so you take responsibility.


The petition isn't trying to protect anyone from making their own bad
investment choices ...




  #6   Report Post  
Old July 12th 18, 09:44 PM posted to uk.finance,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
Default Petition to protect ISAs and SIPPs from Adminstration fees

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 16:48:21 +0100, "[email protected]" wrote:

On 12/07/2018 14:19, Optimist wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 09:36:28 GMT, lid (AnthonyL) wrote:

It appears that if the platform you hold your investments on runs into
problems the Adminstrators can take out "ring fenced" client monies to
meet their costs.

A fuller explanation is in the thread at:

http://moneyforums.citywire.co.uk/ya...ition-now.aspx

The petition is at:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/222801

and needs 10,000 sigs.

Easily done if it is snowballed around your circle of contacts.


I didn't realise that SIPPs were not protected like other pension schemes.


There is a clue.. Self Invested.
You decide what to invest in so you take responsibility.


But the grievance the petition is addressing is nothing to do with the soundness or otherwise of the
investments, but whether where firms running the trading platforms get into debt the administrators
are entitled to help themselves to the firm's clients' assets.

Where a garage business goes bust are the creditors be allowed to seize the garage's customers' cars
brought in for a service?


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cash in SIPPs and ISAs investor[_3_] UK Finance 0 January 1st 16 03:57 PM
Ms.Excel Tips Lock and Protect Cells Containing Formulas Tiger UK Finance 0 October 31st 11 09:18 AM
Petition - National Pensions Scheme vs. means testing Daytona UK Finance 1 March 17th 07 04:52 PM
FIRST TIME BUYERS STRIKE....sign the petition [email protected] UK Finance 30 May 29th 05 08:58 AM
Winding up petition Greg UK Finance 0 March 7th 05 05:00 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Finance Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about UK money and finances"

 

Copyright © 2017