Old December 17th 17, 03:55 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

Default London's Brex**** emptying offices turning it into ghost town

London's Brex**** emptying offices turning it into ghost town

There might be activity in the streets when people come out
to buy lunch or relax on a hard days work in the evening,
but inside the buildings, the rooms are being
vacated at great speed and the halls and walk ways are turning silent.

The buzz is going out London as things like IoT and AI.
Companies seek EU locations for the greater number of
engineers and collaboration opportunities.

Brex****stanies are being oppressed by investors.

We demand investors invest in UK start ups now and
skip Eurup immediately!

To help with this, the brex****stani poolitician
will hold meeting and do some more

1. stand up fastly
2. troll
3. sit down fastly

clever manoeuvres to out mesmerise the investors who shall
become mesmerized by all this bum flapping and will choose to
remain in the UK and invest some more money in UK instead of EU.

Fat chance

Old December 18th 17, 08:04 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

"7" wrote in message
London's Brex**** emptying offices turning it into ghost town

There might be activity in the streets when people come out
to buy lunch or relax on a hard days work in the evening,
but inside the buildings, the rooms are being
vacated at great speed and the halls and walk ways are turning silent.

The buzz is going out London as things like IoT and AI.
Companies seek EU locations for the greater number of
engineers and collaboration opportunities.

IT engineering development moved out of London 3 decades ago

and it mostly moved out of Britain 15 years ago as outsourcing companies
started up in the Far East offering "programming" services at a fraction of
the cost of European operation.

European companies were better at resisting that because their first
language isn't English and they needed to have development teams at home
that spoke the local lingo (which mostly, the outsourcing companies didn't
offer), but nevertheless lots of their jobs move too.

Contraction of IT Engineering development in the UK has absolutely nothing
at all to do with Brexit.

tim

Old December 18th 17, 11:22 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

tim... wrote:

[...]

I believe you 1000%. That is why we still have a VERY LARGE IT sector.

Old December 18th 17, 11:55 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

"7" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

[...]

In some areas, agreed

but not in engineering

tim

Old December 18th 17, 12:12 PM posted to uk.politics.misc, uk.misc, uk.finance

On 18 Dec 2017, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"7" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

London's Brex**** emptying offices turning it into ghost town

There might be activity in the streets when people come out
to buy lunch or relax on a hard days work in the evening,
but inside the buildings, the rooms are being
vacated at great speed and the halls and walk ways are turning silent.

The buzz is going out London as things like IoT and AI.
Companies seek EU locations for the greater number of
engineers and collaboration opportunities.

Did you blame Brexit when manufacturing and call centre jobs were transferred
to the Far East between 1995 and 2015?

IT engineering development moved out of London 3 decades ago

and it mostly moved out of Britain 15 years ago as outsourcing companies
started up in the Far East offering "programming" services at a fraction
of the cost of European operation.

European companies were better at resisting that because their first
language isn't English and they needed to have development teams at home
that spoke the local lingo (which mostly, the outsourcing companies
didn't
offer), but nevertheless lots of their jobs move too.

Contraction of IT Engineering development in the UK has absolutely
nothing
at all to do with Brexit.

tim

I believe you 1000%. That is why we still have a VERY LARGE IT sector.

In some areas, agreed

but not in engineering

Tim (thick as two short planks)

Old December 18th 17, 12:42 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 16:55:52 +0000, 7 wrote:

London's Brex**** emptying offices turning it into ghost town

There might be activity in the streets when people come out to buy lunch
or relax on a hard days work in the evening,
but inside the buildings, the rooms are being vacated at great speed and
the halls and walk ways are turning silent.

The buzz is going out London as things like IoT and AI.
Companies seek EU locations for the greater number of engineers and
collaboration opportunities.

Brex****stanies are being oppressed by investors.

We demand investors invest in UK start ups now and skip Eurup
immediately!

investors want something worthwhile
rather than sunbed salons, paint shops
or criminal thugs ripping off the nhs with fake testing gear from a garage
like the 3m drug dealing thug
Old December 18th 17, 12:45 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

grenfell tower had an "investors in people" plaque on it
Old December 18th 17, 08:10 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

finally ditched mimo wrote:

On 18 Dec 2017, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"7" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

London's Brex**** emptying offices turning it into ghost town

There might be activity in the streets when people come out
to buy lunch or relax on a hard days work in the evening,
but inside the buildings, the rooms are being
vacated at great speed and the halls and walk ways are turning
silent.

The buzz is going out London as things like IoT and AI.
Companies seek EU locations for the greater number of
engineers and collaboration opportunities.

Did you blame Brexit when manufacturing and call centre jobs were
transferred to the Far East between 1995 and 2015?

Did we need those jobs?

What we needed were the high tech jobs, automation and UBI to
make automation economy work. But UBI will be screamed at by snowflakes
and that is enough to make the high tech jobs not materialize.
Shooting oneself in the foot is common in British poolitics.

Did we need copy typists when PCs took over?
They are all doing new jobs like web design and content creation today.

So the age of automation and UBI is coming.
But pooliticians are so focused on brex****, they forgot
basic politics and the need for pushing in the next era.

Brex**** isn't the problem. Its the pooliticians who are
so into themselves and their versions of Brex****
they forgot they got a country to look after.

Old December 18th 17, 08:20 PM posted to uk.politics.misc, uk.misc, uk.finance

On 18 Dec 2017, 7 wrote
(in article ):

finally ditched mimo wrote:

On 18 Dec 2017, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"7" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

London's Brex**** emptying offices turning it into ghost town

There might be activity in the streets when people come out
to buy lunch or relax on a hard days work in the evening,
but inside the buildings, the rooms are being
vacated at great speed and the halls and walk ways are turning
silent.

The buzz is going out London as things like IoT and AI.
Companies seek EU locations for the greater number of
engineers and collaboration opportunities.

Did you blame Brexit when manufacturing and call centre jobs were
transferred to the Far East between 1995 and 2015?

Did we need those jobs?

We didn’t, but the people who were made redundant at the time would say
they did.

And at least when we spoke to the British versions, we could understand what
they were saying, plus they knew certain figures-of-speech, which are almost
endemic in conversation here.

What we needed were the high tech jobs, automation and UBI to
make automation economy work. But UBI will be screamed at by snowflakes
and that is enough to make the high tech jobs not materialize.
Shooting oneself in the foot is common in British poolitics.

Did we need copy typists when PCs took over?

We needed word processor operators.

They are all doing new jobs like web design and content creation today.

I doubt it. They will all be retired by now, or possibly dead.

Old December 18th 17, 10:45 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance

finally ditched mimo wrote:

On 18 Dec 2017, 7 wrote
(in article ):

finally ditched mimo wrote:

On 18 Dec 2017, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"7" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

[...]

?

Copy typist = photo copying in the days when photo copying
didn't exist and every had to be copy type to make duplicates.

PCs offered mail merge and print runs for thousands
of customized letters.

They are all doing new jobs like web design and content creation today.

I doubt it. They will all be retired by now, or possibly dead.

The context is clear - those would be copy typists if nothing changed.