Finance Banter

Finance Banter (https://www.financebanter.co.uk/forum.php)
-   UK Finance (https://www.financebanter.co.uk/uk-finance/)
-   -   $270 for 3km 4 core outdoor fibre to cable up Brexshit plc (https://www.financebanter.co.uk/uk-finance/15954-270-3km-4-core-outdoor.html)

David Woolley[_2_] December 11th 17 01:52 PM

$270 for 3km 4 core outdoor fibre to cable up Brexshit plc

On 10/12/17 23:06, Paul Cummins wrote:
The results are usually better than 0.01db loss.

Not possible... you cannot measure luminosity loss in dB.

Of course you can. You can measure anything that is a dimensionless
ratio in dB and dB are the preferred unit in this case.

However, according to <http://www.thefoa.org/tech/lossbudg.htm a more
realistic splice loss is 0.3 dB, which is 30 times worse than suggested
here.

Not sure why I responded to this thread though, as it is clearly not
going to have any influence in the real world. I would point out
though, that techniques like ADSL were developed not based on the cost
of installing new copper, versus new fibre, but based on the fact that
there has been maybe 100 years investment in putting the copper into the
ground, so no new infrastructure development is needed.

David Woolley[_2_] December 11th 17 07:41 PM

$270 for 3km 4 core outdoor fibre to cable up Brexshit plc

On 11/12/17 17:35, 7 wrote:
What a*FSCKING* troll!!!

It was simply what Google returned.

We have moved on a lot since 2004!!!

The article is copyrighted 2004-2013, so you are talking of 2013, not 2004.

Now we use motorized 6 axis fully automatic spicers for $1000
with sub 0.1db (more like 0.01db) results.

However,
<http://www.televes.com/en/catalogo/producto/fo-kit-fusion-splicer does
support your loss figures.

7[_2_] December 11th 17 09:12 PM

David Woolley wrote:

What a*FSCKING* troll!!!

It was simply what Google returned.

We have moved on a lot since 2004!!!

The article is copyrighted 2004-2013, so you are talking of 2013, not
2004.

sez googling troll who does not use this kind of kit

7[_2_] December 12th 17 12:03 PM

$270 for 3km 4 core outdoor fibre to cable up Brexshit plc

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

BurfordTJustice wrote:

Stay in school butch queen

I thought a woman like you were a little over dressed
for playskool gurly boiee sock.

Do you pay professional women to dress up as schoolgirls or do you prefer
the real thing?

Well Burpy has always avoided answering the question
because as you well know my cheque book is always open.

Paul Cummins April 17th 18 01:17 PM

$270 for 3km 4 core outdoor fibre to cable up Brexshit plc

In article , (7)
wrote:

The results are usually better than 0.01db loss.

Not possible... you cannot measure luminosity loss in dB.

And in any case, dB what? dB on its own is meaningless.

And if you get 500 core the price is still about 2 per meter,

you can install meters for 2?

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981