Old November 7th 17, 10:44 PM posted to uk.finance

Default Question about shares

I know of a small company which has recently increased its share capital very slightly by creating 100 shares at 1p each to two people which have no voting rights and only a discretionary right to dividends. The two people have got essentially the same sort of shares but in different "classes".

Whey would anyone want to sell - or buy - such a thing? The new shareholders aren't directors or even employees as far as I can tell.

My only thought is that it might be a sneaky way to pass money to people without involving NIC or possibly VAT on services.

Or could there be some other reason?

I don't think I should publish the name of the company here, but will if someone asks me privately.

HBOS shares Question Tricia UK Finance 7 August 31st 06 05:17 PM
Question on Capital Gains Tax and SAYE shares [email protected] UK Finance 5 July 9th 06 10:51 PM
Standard Life Shares Question louisxiv UK Finance 5 April 1st 06 11:30 AM
I have Lastminute shares question(s) Scott UK Finance 1 May 17th 05 07:16 PM
foreign shares question. rob UK Finance 1 June 17th 04 05:48 PM