Old May 16th 16, 08:43 AM posted to uk.finance

Default What do you prefer for trading ? Forex or stock indexes ?

Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?
--
http://zeforums.com finance et biologie

Old May 16th 16, 09:45 AM posted to uk.finance

On 16/05/16 08:43, Zetrader le Parrain wrote:
Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?

This is an investment and financial service web site, not a gambling
one, so I think the answer is neither.
Old May 16th 16, 09:54 AM posted to uk.finance

Le 16/05/2016 10:45, David Woolley a écrit :
On 16/05/16 08:43, Zetrader le Parrain wrote:
Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?

This is an investment and financial service web site, not a gambling
one, so I think the answer is neither.

Nobody's trading here, only long term investment ?
--
http://zeforums.com finance et biologie
Old May 16th 16, 04:20 PM posted to uk.finance

"David Woolley" wrote in message
On 16/05/16 08:43, Zetrader le Parrain wrote:
Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?

This is an investment and financial service web site, not a gambling one,
so I think the answer is neither.

I dunno where you are but this isn't a "web site"

tim

Old May 16th 16, 04:23 PM posted to uk.finance

"Zetrader le Parrain" <www.zeforums.com wrote in message
Le 16/05/2016 10:45, David Woolley a écrit :
On 16/05/16 08:43, Zetrader le Parrain wrote:
Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?

This is an investment and financial service web site, not a gambling
one, so I think the answer is neither.

Nobody's trading here, only long term investment ?

Then why did you suggest instruments that are only used for hedging,
arbitrage and short term "gambling".

tim

Old May 16th 16, 05:41 PM posted to uk.finance

Le 16/05/2016 * 17:23, tim... a écrit :

"Zetrader le Parrain" <www.zeforums.com wrote in message
Le 16/05/2016 10:45, David Woolley a écrit :
On 16/05/16 08:43, Zetrader le Parrain wrote:
Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?

This is an investment and financial service web site, not a gambling
one, so I think the answer is neither.

Nobody's trading here, only long term investment ?

Then why did you suggest instruments that are only used for hedging,
arbitrage and short term "gambling".

tim

I was answering to David, saying "investment" and "not a gambling", i
don't have problem with short term on stock markets, that what i make
since 2002 and it helped me a lot to have a income during many years and
thanks to speculation, beginning with very little now i have enough to
be retired, i made more than 8000% since 2002, i guess i wouldn't have
been able to do that with only long term investment.
So thanks speculation, thanks short term gambling, it's not always bad,
it depends on how you manage it.
For sure, both short term "gambling" and long term investment are bets
and gambling in fact, so for me it's the same goal, but with short term,
you know more quickly if you were wrong or right, if i am wrong i prefer
to know it in some minutes, hours or days than years, that's a choice.
So you are right i'm suggesting short term trading not "slow trading"
like investment, i don't have problem with that (short term), it seems
that David does.
--
http://zeforums.com finance et biologie
Old May 16th 16, 05:42 PM posted to uk.finance

Le 16/05/2016 * 17:20, tim... a écrit :

"David Woolley" wrote in message
On 16/05/16 08:43, Zetrader le Parrain wrote:
Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?

This is an investment and financial service web site, not a gambling
one, so I think the answer is neither.

I dunno where you are but this isn't a "web site"

tim

Well i guess he reads the newsgroups since a "web site" that duplicates
newsgroups.
--
http://zeforums.com finance et biologie
Old May 16th 16, 06:06 PM posted to uk.finance

Le 16/05/2016 * 17:23, tim... a écrit :

"Zetrader le Parrain" <www.zeforums.com wrote in message
Le 16/05/2016 10:45, David Woolley a écrit :
On 16/05/16 08:43, Zetrader le Parrain wrote:
Hello, what's better in your opinion, trading forex or stock indexes ?

This is an investment and financial service web site, not a gambling
one, so I think the answer is neither.

Nobody's trading here, only long term investment ?

Then why did you suggest instruments that are only used for hedging,
arbitrage and short term "gambling".

tim

I was answering to David, saying "investment" and "not a gambling",

just because you make a living out of it doesn't' stop it being gambling

people make a living out of playing poker, but they don't call it investing.
They still accept that it's gambling, just that they are better than most at
playing the odds. (It might be regarded as the equivalent of arbitrage.)

i don't have problem with short term on stock markets,

Neither do I, and FTAOD I don't agree with David that discussion of short
term instruments are off topic for the group

I just queried your claim that you were using them for long term
investment - you aren't - you are using them repeatedly, for income - not
the same thing.

So you are right i'm suggesting short term trading not "slow trading" like
investment, i don't have problem with that (short term), it seems that
David does.

David is obviously reading the group from a source which has a narrower
focus than the group in fact has.

I am interested in knowing what that is

tim

Old May 16th 16, 06:49 PM posted to uk.finance

Le 16/05/2016 * 19:06, tim... a écrit :
"Zetrader le Parrain" <www.zeforums.com wrote in message
i don't have problem with short term on stock markets,

Neither do I, and FTAOD I don't agree with David that discussion of
short term instruments are off topic for the group

Cool

I just queried your claim that you were using them for long term
investment - you aren't - you are using them repeatedly, for income -
not the same thing.

I thought it was clear enough that it's short term (minutes, hours,
weeks, maybe months but not years) with what i wrote in the subject of
this topic : "what do you prefer for trading ?"
Trading doesn't mean itself short term ? I guess we don't use the word
trading for something that last years.
--
http://zeforums.com finance et biologie
Old May 17th 16, 11:13 PM posted to uk.finance

On 16/05/16 16:20, tim... wrote:
I dunno where you are but this isn't a "web site"

"web site" was a slip up. I actually read it as nntp.

Almost all the short term instrument postings I see are spam.

Premium Forex Trading Signals & Managed Forex Investment Service forexrobots UK Finance 0 December 16th 12 08:47 PM
Market sector performance indexes? Jake D[_4_] UK Finance 0 November 6th 08 12:31 PM
Guaranteed Forex trading system - forex trading software e-mini UK Finance 0 March 20th 08 07:12 AM
Indexes Online Trading Mich UK Finance 0 January 23rd 07 08:24 AM
Forex Trading,trade Forex Online,currency Trading,forex Online $$$$$$$ girishind UK Finance 0 September 20th 05 06:45 AM