Old April 19th 16, 05:13 PM posted to uk.finance

Default Explanation of Section 104 'pooled' cost basis for calculating costof shares

Can someone explain how this is calculated? I understand how it works if there are multiple purchases of the same stock over a period of several years.. What if there are also multiple sales of the same stock - how do I calculate the cost price of remaining shares? I've looked for a simple formula that includes sales.
Thank you.

Old April 19th 16, 11:11 PM posted to uk.finance

On 19/04/16 17:13, Greg Williams wrote:
Can someone explain how this is calculated? I understand how it works if there are multiple purchases of the same stock over a period of several years. What if there are also multiple sales of the same stock - how do I calculate the cost price of remaining shares? I've looked for a simple formula that includes sales.

The cost price per share doesn't change across a sale.

Old April 20th 16, 10:47 AM posted to uk.finance

On 19/04/2016 17:13, Greg Williams wrote:
Can someone explain how this is calculated? I understand how it works if there are multiple purchases of the same stock over a period of several years.. What if there are also multiple sales of the same stock - how do I calculate the cost price of remaining shares? I've looked for a simple formula that includes sales.
Thank you.

I can't say a formula is impossible but I don't see that it helps
because you need in any event to work out the gain (if any) on each
successive sale. See example 3 in HMRC's Help Sheet

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...gains-tax-2015.

--
Robin

HSBC uses the old chestnut explanation of illiquidity (I.T. glitch) 7 UK Finance 2 August 29th 15 12:14 PM
Credit Card Current Balance says -104.05? nothing here UK Finance 3 November 20th 09 08:04 AM
cgt reforms & pooled shares ernie mendoza UK Finance 0 March 13th 08 10:05 PM
pooled investments? Zen UK Finance 7 August 27th 03 11:05 AM
pooled investments? Frank UK Finance 1 August 23rd 03 07:22 AM