Old April 10th 16, 09:18 AM posted to uk.finance

Default CIS tax payments - checking they've been paid?

I've worked for a couple of rather dodgy builders this year, who paid me
via the CIS scheme.
I did get pay slips at the time.
How do I find out if they paid HMRC my deductions?
If they havent paid, what happens?
Thanks.
--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'

Old April 10th 16, 09:51 AM posted to uk.finance

On 10/04/2016 09:18, A.Lee wrote:
I've worked for a couple of rather dodgy builders this year, who paid me
via the CIS scheme.
I did get pay slips at the time.
How do I find out if they paid HMRC my deductions?
If they havent paid, what happens?
Thanks.

You will be entitled to a credit for the tax he deducted so (to state
the obvious) guard those pay slips[1] as if they were cash.

I don't know where the legislation on this ended up but it's covered in
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/cogmanual/cog909230.htm (towards the end).

[1] strictly "Pay & Deduction Statements" - unless they've changed the
name again
--
Robin

Employers checking your credit / criminal record etc What can they find out? [email protected] UK Finance 3 March 22nd 06 11:57 AM
Has the processing time for electronic payments been increased? Trust No One® UK Finance 6 November 7th 05 12:36 PM
New CIS self employement record keeping & returns Pete UK Finance 3 February 13th 05 07:58 AM
CIS Scheme THOMAS FLETCHER UK Finance 1 February 2nd 05 03:27 PM
Why is the CIS so weird? Jacob Rosse UK Finance 7 April 12th 04 11:06 PM