Old April 6th 16, 02:34 PM posted to uk.finance

Default NS&I website problem (6 April 2016)?

I am trying to cash in a savings certificate. The NS&I website seems to work; I can log in, select the certificate, click to cash it and I then type into my phone the 4 digit code that NS&I put on the screen and then call me for confirmation. The phone says the cod eis correct and that the screen will change shortly. But the screen remains unchanged.

When I check later the certificate shows as 'no transactions'.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's been like it for several days.

Robert

Old April 6th 16, 07:03 PM posted to uk.finance

On 06/04/2016 14:34, RobertL wrote:

I am trying to cash in a savings certificate. The NS&I website seems to work; I can log in, select the certificate, click to cash it and I then type into my phone the 4 digit code that NS&I put on the screen and then call me for confirmation. The phone says the cod eis correct and that the screen will change shortly. But the screen remains unchanged.

When I check later the certificate shows as 'no transactions'.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's been like it for several days.

Robert

I don't use the site, but is it possible that you could have blocked
pop-ups and that prevents you from seeing the change of screen? If so,
and if it requires a further response from you which you are unable to
make, could that be why the transaction doesn't complete?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Old April 8th 16, 10:59 AM posted to uk.finance

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 7:02:04 PM UTC+1, Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Roger, That's an interesting thought. thank you very much. I'll check that out.

Robert

Old April 8th 16, 03:41 PM posted to uk.finance

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 10:59:36 AM UTC+1, RobertL wrote:
[...]

I found the answer. I was being impatient.

When the voice says "confirmation will appear on your screen in a few moments" it means "in about 5 minutes".

Robert

Old April 13th 16, 08:01 AM posted to uk.finance

On Fri, 8 Apr 2016 07:41:45 -0700 (PDT), RobertL wrote:

[...]

The government makes sure it hangs on to your money for as long as possible.

tdwaterhouse website running very slowly (29-30 April)? RobertL UK Finance 2 April 30th 09 12:56 PM
Vat Payment & Tax Payment Cash Flow Problem Ken UK Finance 5 July 28th 06 12:54 PM
Egg Website Problem [email protected] UK Finance 8 January 26th 06 01:17 PM
DTel: Why April 5? Sufaud UK Finance 0 November 1st 04 08:31 AM
ISA investments from April 2006 Dudley UK Finance 2 July 24th 03 10:53 PM