UK Finance (uk.finance) Discussion about Finance issues in the UK.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old April 4th 16, 11:46 AM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Apr 2016
Posts: 13
Default Government pension check

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension

"you will receive XXX.XX" etc"

This assumes that you will make full NI contributions from now until you
reach retirement age

But you numpties I know that I am not going to do that, I need you to tell
me what pension I have actually accrued to date, not some mythical figure
based upon bogus assumptions

what a bunch of ****s.

tim







  #2   Report Post  
Old April 5th 16, 09:53 AM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Jun 2007
Posts: 280
Default Government pension check

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 12:46:52 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension

"you will receive ŁXXX.XX" etc"

This assumes that you will make full NI contributions from now until you
reach retirement age

But you numpties I know that I am not going to do that, I need you to tell
me what pension I have actually accrued to date, not some mythical figure
based upon bogus assumptions

what a bunch of ****s.

tim



When I try it (and thank you for the link BTW) it shows both figures:

"Amount based on your latest National Insurance record (5 April 2015)"
"Amount you may get to if you continue to contribute"

Robert

  #3   Report Post  
Old April 5th 16, 05:16 PM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Apr 2016
Posts: 13
Default Government pension check


"RobertL" wrote in message
...
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 12:46:52 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension

"you will receive ŁXXX.XX" etc"

This assumes that you will make full NI contributions from now until you
reach retirement age

But you numpties I know that I am not going to do that, I need you to
tell
me what pension I have actually accrued to date, not some mythical figure
based upon bogus assumptions

what a bunch of ****s.

tim



When I try it (and thank you for the link BTW) it shows both figures:

"Amount based on your latest National Insurance record (5 April 2015)"
"Amount you may get to if you continue to contribute"


Oh yes, so it does.

It did say it was a beta, perhaps they snuck that in in the last 2 days.

The display has definitely changed, because when I looked before it said
"you have contracted out for some of the years..."

and it doesn't say that any more (even though it is true).

What I don't understand is I appear to be only one year short of the 35
required and yet that makes a difference between 155.65 and 127.71.

Now what I need to know is whether they still have the rule that signing on
from age 60 automatically gives you your pensions credits even if you don't
satisfy the "looking for work" test.

tim











Robert




  #4   Report Post  
Old April 5th 16, 07:16 PM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Default Government pension check

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:16:36 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:


"RobertL" wrote in message
...
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 12:46:52 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension

"you will receive ?XXX.XX" etc"

This assumes that you will make full NI contributions from now until you
reach retirement age

But you numpties I know that I am not going to do that, I need you to
tell
me what pension I have actually accrued to date, not some mythical figure
based upon bogus assumptions

what a bunch of ****s.

tim



When I try it (and thank you for the link BTW) it shows both figures:

"Amount based on your latest National Insurance record (5 April 2015)"
"Amount you may get to if you continue to contribute"


Oh yes, so it does.

It did say it was a beta, perhaps they snuck that in in the last 2 days.

The display has definitely changed, because when I looked before it said
"you have contracted out for some of the years..."

and it doesn't say that any more (even though it is true).

What I don't understand is I appear to be only one year short of the 35
required and yet that makes a difference between 155.65 and 127.71.


The difference will be because you were contracted out, not because of
your contributions record.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...racted-out.pdf

http://tinyurl.com/ok8yhyq

Has a partial explanation.
  #5   Report Post  
Old April 6th 16, 06:13 PM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Apr 2016
Posts: 13
Default Government pension check


"Bill Taylor" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:16:36 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:


"RobertL" wrote in message
...
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 12:46:52 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension

"you will receive ?XXX.XX" etc"

This assumes that you will make full NI contributions from now until
you
reach retirement age

But you numpties I know that I am not going to do that, I need you to
tell
me what pension I have actually accrued to date, not some mythical
figure
based upon bogus assumptions

what a bunch of ****s.

tim


When I try it (and thank you for the link BTW) it shows both figures:

"Amount based on your latest National Insurance record (5 April 2015)"
"Amount you may get to if you continue to contribute"


Oh yes, so it does.

It did say it was a beta, perhaps they snuck that in in the last 2 days.

The display has definitely changed, because when I looked before it said
"you have contracted out for some of the years..."

and it doesn't say that any more (even though it is true).

What I don't understand is I appear to be only one year short of the 35
required and yet that makes a difference between 155.65 and 127.71.


The difference will be because you were contracted out, not because of
your contributions record.


but the numbers imply that I can somehow "win back" that deduction for when
I was contracted out by making full contributions for the next 8 years until
I retire.

but AIUI - the rules *don't* allow me to do that

tim





  #6   Report Post  
Old April 6th 16, 06:30 PM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
Default Government pension check

In article , says...

"Bill Taylor" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:16:36 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:


"RobertL" wrote in message
...
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 12:46:52 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension

"you will receive ?XXX.XX" etc"

This assumes that you will make full NI contributions from now until
you
reach retirement age

But you numpties I know that I am not going to do that, I need you to
tell
me what pension I have actually accrued to date, not some mythical
figure
based upon bogus assumptions

what a bunch of ****s.

tim


When I try it (and thank you for the link BTW) it shows both figures:

"Amount based on your latest National Insurance record (5 April 2015)"
"Amount you may get to if you continue to contribute"

Oh yes, so it does.

It did say it was a beta, perhaps they snuck that in in the last 2 days.

The display has definitely changed, because when I looked before it said
"you have contracted out for some of the years..."

and it doesn't say that any more (even though it is true).

What I don't understand is I appear to be only one year short of the 35
required and yet that makes a difference between 155.65 and 127.71.


The difference will be because you were contracted out, not because of
your contributions record.



I've paid in from 1979 to present (every year marked correctly as
"full")

My entitlement = 136.75 but apparently if I pay in for the next 15
years until I retire I will get the 155.

So what was 35 years contributions now means 52 years?

God bless the UK Government.
  #7   Report Post  
Old April 7th 16, 10:16 AM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: May 2012
Posts: 79
Default Government pension check

On 06/04/2016 19:30, Juan Carr wrote:

I've paid in from 1979 to present (every year marked correctly as
"full")

My entitlement = 136.75 but apparently if I pay in for the next 15
years until I retire I will get the 155.

So what was 35 years contributions now means 52 years?


The transition is horribly messy[1]. But I assume your forecast results
from you being contracted-out for some or all of your past years. So you
should have some pension to come on top of the state pension.

The new system involves working out your "starting amount" - I assume
this is 136.75 - less than 155 cos of contract-out adjustments. But if
you carry on working I think - and this is from memory so E&OE - because
you have more than 30 years but less than the full flat rate pension -
you can build up extra pension until you reach the full amount.



[1] that said, I've not heard anyone offer an affordable alternative;
and wonder how many people complaining about the complexity of the
transition understood the position under the "old" system after the
cumulative effects of contracting out, graduated contributions, defined
benefit schemes, defined contribution schemes, SERPS, S2P, pension
credit... I certainly wouldn't claim to be on top of them

--
Robin
reply-to address is (intended to be) valid
  #8   Report Post  
Old April 10th 16, 09:41 AM posted to uk.finance
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by FinanceBanter: Jan 2015
Posts: 16
Default Government pension check

On 06/04/2016 19:30, Juan Carr wrote:
In article , says...

"Bill Taylor" wrote in message
...
On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:16:36 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:


"RobertL" wrote in message
...
On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 12:46:52 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:
https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension

"you will receive ?XXX.XX" etc"

This assumes that you will make full NI contributions from now until
you
reach retirement age

But you numpties I know that I am not going to do that, I need you to
tell
me what pension I have actually accrued to date, not some mythical
figure
based upon bogus assumptions

what a bunch of ****s.

tim


When I try it (and thank you for the link BTW) it shows both figures:

"Amount based on your latest National Insurance record (5 April 2015)"
"Amount you may get to if you continue to contribute"

Oh yes, so it does.

It did say it was a beta, perhaps they snuck that in in the last 2 days.

The display has definitely changed, because when I looked before it said
"you have contracted out for some of the years..."

and it doesn't say that any more (even though it is true).

What I don't understand is I appear to be only one year short of the 35
required and yet that makes a difference between 155.65 and 127.71.


The difference will be because you were contracted out, not because of
your contributions record.



I've paid in from 1979 to present (every year marked correctly as
"full")

My entitlement = 136.75 but apparently if I pay in for the next 15
years until I retire I will get the 155.

So what was 35 years contributions now means 52 years?

God bless the UK Government.

I didn't vote for 'em!

--
Gordon H

Remove Invalid to reply


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Government pension b__tards and taxes Tommy[_4_] UK Finance 1 February 4th 11 11:28 AM
Local government Pension Scheme biggirlsblouse[_2_] UK Finance 6 November 11th 10 07:09 PM
No credit check loans-Loans without credit check Tony Smith UK Finance 0 August 10th 10 06:34 AM
Mini cash ISA - Government changes Jeff Taylor UK Finance 22 February 23rd 04 02:49 PM
Government debt - how to find out details ? zero UK Finance 0 February 21st 04 02:23 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 Finance Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about UK money and finances"

 

Copyright © 2017