Old April 3rd 16, 02:44 PM posted to uk.finance

Default Eurotunnel warrants

I have recently discovered that I own some warrants for Eurotunnel shares. These were registered in 1988 - quite a while ago! Nowhere on the certificate does it say these are time limited. I enquired of Eurotunnel and was told they are no longer valid. That can't be right, can it? Why could this happen?

Old April 4th 16, 06:53 AM posted to uk.finance

On 03/04/2016 15:44, cryptogram wrote:
I have recently discovered that I own some warrants for Eurotunnel shares. These were registered in 1988 - quite a while ago! Nowhere on the certificate does it say these are time limited. I enquired of Eurotunnel and was told they are no longer valid. That can't be right, can it? Why could this happen?

The certificate may not have an expiry date on its face but the right
they represent can - and did - expire.

--
Robin
Old April 4th 16, 11:29 AM posted to uk.finance

"Robin" wrote in message
On 03/04/2016 15:44, cryptogram wrote:
I have recently discovered that I own some warrants for Eurotunnel
shares. These were registered in 1988 - quite a while ago! Nowhere on the
certificate does it say these are time limited. I enquired of Eurotunnel
and was told they are no longer valid. That can't be right, can it? Why
could this happen?

The certificate may not have an expiry date on its face but the right they
represent can - and did - expire.

IIRC there was (as it turned out) no point in taking them up

you had to pay XX pence to buy some more shares and if you didn't take them
up, they sold them to someone else and sent you a cheque for (some part of)
the proceeds.

Years later, the shares turn out to be worth less than the price of the
warrants (and nominally still are).

banking your cheque because some other mug bought them was the smart thing
to do, and you if you didn't take up the warrants you would have got one of
these cheques (which you probably forgot about)

tim

Old April 5th 16, 07:47 PM posted to uk.finance

On Monday, April 4, 2016 at 12:30:01 PM UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Robin" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, maybe I did get a cheque and forgot. But I'm looking into it via the registrars
Old April 25th 16, 06:41 AM posted to uk.finance

Le 03/04/2016 16:44, cryptogram a écrit :
I have recently discovered that I own some warrants for Eurotunnel shares. These were registered in 1988 - quite a while ago! Nowhere on the certificate does it say these are time limited. I enquired of Eurotunnel and was told they are no longer valid. That can't be right, can it? Why could this happen?

Do you have the ISIN code ?
--
http://zetrader.info parrain ing binck fortuneo ig