Old March 23rd 16, 11:31 AM posted to uk.finance

Default Buying 'first house' to rent - extra 3% stamp duty or not?

My son, who doesn't own a house, is buying a 'buy to let' property.
This will thus be his first and only property.

My reading of the new rules about the extra 3% stamp duty is that it
won't apply to my son's purchase. Am I right?

--
Chris Green
·