Old March 5th 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.finance

Default Vince Cable's advice.

Vince Cable Financial spokesman for the Lib Dems advised savers to
invest in shares on Jan 8th suggesting they were undervalued, The
opposite seems to have been the case. The FTSE plunging over a
thousand points, dividends being slashed. Disastrous advice as it
turns out.

Old March 5th 09, 09:29 PM posted to uk.finance

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 13:04:19 -0800, mick wrote:

Vince Cable Financial spokesman for the Lib Dems advised savers to
invest in shares on Jan 8th suggesting they were undervalued, The
opposite seems to have been the case. The FTSE plunging over a thousand
points, dividends being slashed. Disastrous advice as it turns out.

Remember, share values can go down as well as plummet.

I don't think anybody can really be seeing shares as anything other than
a several year investment at the moment, can they?
Old March 6th 09, 03:58 PM posted to uk.finance

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 05:42:14 -0800 (PST), mick
wrote:

There is no need to buy shares until we are out of
recession, maybe two years.

I hope it's that short.

--
(\__/) M.