About This Forum Any questions or feedback on what this forum is or how this forum operates.

Old March 29th 13, 11:04 AM
Junior Member

Default Caveat preventing Grant of Probate

Hi All, this is my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong place! I'm an executor for my late mother's will. A 'vexatious litigant' who used to be part of the family has put a caveat on the will. A warning has been served and an appearance is apparently being lodged. The 'Caveator' had demanded a sight of the will and of the Estate Accounts. As a legatee and not a beneficary I believe he has no legal Right to see the will before Probate. Also I understand that the Accounts will not be available until after Probate has been issued. He has also demanded sight of a deed of variation on my late Father's will, As probate for that will was proved several years ago, is the Deed in the public domain? Should I comply with his demand regarding the will and the Deed? What happens now, do I have to put in a response to the Registry or do I wait to be contacted? The property which forms part of the estate has a sale agreed subject to Grant of Probate being issued so if the caveat is not lifted/contested the sale will fall through and the estate will suffer the loss.

Any advice will be welcome!

Many thanks