Old March 17th 18, 05:39 PM posted to uk.finance
[email protected] magic091263@gmail.com is offline

Default Pension entitlement and untraceable people?

Met up with a girl I used to work with years ago.

She tells me she's had probably five or six jobs in her 32 years on this planet and has paid into a pension scheme in all of them. (Don't worry, our conversation wasn't entirely that boring).

Given that she's changed addresses and names (failed marriages) a couple of times, how the hell does she ever expect to receive what she's entitled to when she hits 65/66/whatever?

Are these pension providers all sat on funds that they know will ever be claimed due to being unable to contact the recipient?