A UK money and finance forum. Finance Banter

instant access passbook savings account

« NTL Oddity. | How? »

Old November 10th 06, 08:36 AM posted to uk.finance
J Drake

Default instant access passbook savings account

Hello,

Im after a instant access passbook savings account.

Im looking to save around 50 to 100 per month.
It must have a passbook.
Im NOT intrested in websavers accounts.

Who do you recomend?

Thanks.

Old November 10th 06, 08:44 AM posted to uk.finance
Miss L. Toe

"J Drake" wrote in message
Hello,

Im after a instant access passbook savings account.

Im looking to save around 50 to 100 per month.
It must have a passbook.
Im NOT intrested in websavers accounts.

Who do you recomend?

Thanks.

if you are going to operate a passbook than someone with a branch near you
is almost mandatory.

Who has branches that you pass regularly ?

How often are you looking to take money out ? and at how much notice

Consider a 15-day ISA from Portman at 5.55%

www.portman.co.uk

but make sure you understand the ISA rules.

Old November 10th 06, 08:55 AM posted to uk.finance
Ronald Raygun

J Drake wrote:

Hello,

Im after a instant access passbook savings account.

Im looking to save around 50 to 100 per month.
It must have a passbook.

How quaint. I thought they went out with the ark.

Im NOT intrested in websavers accounts.

To each their own, I suppose, but do you mind if we ask why?

Even if you want to stay clear of online accounts, there
are also statement-based accounts without a passbook, why
would they be unsuitable?

Old November 10th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.finance
GSV Three Minds in a Can

Bitstring , from the wonderful
person J Drake said
Hello,

Im after a instant access passbook savings account.

Im looking to save around 50 to 100 per month.
It must have a passbook.
Im NOT intrested in websavers accounts.

Postal or walk in? Nottingham BS have a postal tracker which is paying
5.3% (presumably going up soon).

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
7,053 Km walked. 1,267Km PROWs surveyed. 23.0% complete.
Old November 11th 06, 10:14 AM posted to uk.finance
Gareth

J Drake wrote:
Hello,

Im after a instant access passbook savings account.

Im looking to save around 50 to 100 per month.
It must have a passbook.
Im NOT intrested in websavers accounts.

Who do you recomend?

Thanks.

Try asking in your local branches. I would expect Building Societies
and former Building Societies to be more likely to have passbooks than
major banks, but I could be wrong.

I have a passbook savings account with the Portman Building Society,
though I'm certainly NOT recommending them - absolutely appalling
interest rate and they seem to be quite sneaky with their Ts & Cs (e.g.
penalties for transferring ISAs).

I only kept the account for the chance of a windfall.

I also have passbook accounts with Abbey and Bradford & Bingley, so you
could try them if there is a branch near you.
Old November 12th 06, 11:40 AM posted to uk.finance
Colin Reddish

"Gareth" wrote in message
om...
J Drake wrote:

I have a passbook savings account with the Portman Building Society,
though I'm certainly NOT recommending them - absolutely appalling
interest rate and they seem to be quite sneaky with their Ts & Cs (e.g.
penalties for transferring ISAs).

I only kept the account for the chance of a windfall.

And now you look like getting one next year. :-)
--
Colin Reddish